Business Development Full-Time
ABOUT WAGSTAFF WORLDWIDE
Wagstaff Worldwide is a leader in hospitality marketing. We provide a full suite of branding, advertising and marketing services to those who excel in the world of hospitality including restaurants, hotels, chefs, travel destinations, wines, spirits, and food and beverage products.
Wagstaff Worldwide is a company that is committed to people and advocates for talent. At Wagstaff you will find and support an intrepid, transparent, genuine and sharing culture in which we operate on the belief that we are stronger together.
ABOUT THE Presentation Designer POSITION
We are looking for a Presentation and Proposal Designer who can distill concepts into clear and compelling visual narratives. Candidates should have a great visual inclination for representing data, processes, strategy and creative concepts in compelling presentations and proposals. Clarity, consistent formatting, an eye for detail and a passion for presentations, as well as stellar design are very important.
Reporting to Managing Partner in the Los Angeles office, the Presentation and Proposal Designer will be responsible for the following:
Determining proposal concept in conjunction with the account team/representative by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal, attending strategy and new business meetings as needed
Project manage and meet proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering; writing, reviewing and approving of information received; coordinating requirements with contributors; and providing status updates in a timely fashion
Maintaining efficiency and quality results by using established templates; following proposal writing standards including readability, consistency, tone, look and feel; adhere to company style guidelines
Improving proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes as necessary; adapting to new systems and technologies to streamline overall processes
Logging leads and opportunities into company CRM system, in conjunctions with the Business Development team
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, maintaining personal networks
Design and prepare engaging presentations with compelling content and visuals
• Utilize graphic design tools and software to develop/create custom presentations and proposals (in Power Point or other relevant software)
• Collaborate with PR, Social and Web design teams
• Manage the process of design of a proposal or presentation from concept to completion; including proofing for accuracy and adherence to given guidelines, i.e. RFPs
• Update/re-design necessary internal company documents or sales tools, as needed
• Manage editing process
• Adept at managing and building relationships with all levels across departments and offices
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• 3+ Years of experience designing high-end presentation decks
• Must have solid experience with complex presentations
• Extensive knowledge and experience with latest versions of Power Point including creating slide masters, being aware of PC/MAC differences, designing for various output media (projector, monitors and print outs), object animations, embedding video, etc.)
• Proficiency with industry-standard design software such as Adobe CS 6 applications (Photoshop and Illustrator in particular) a must
• Strong skills in typography, graphic design, and layout
• Strong proficiency in multitasking and a collaborative, can-do attitude under pressure
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be receptive to heavy feedback and constructive criticism as presentations will require multiple rounds of edits
• Experience with hospitality marketing a plus
Wagstaff Worldwide offers opportunities for growth and creative challenges, as well as a variety of benefits and perks including: medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), ample PTO, Hospitality Allowance, volunteering opportunities, and more.
Due to the large response we typically receive to this posting we will only be responding to those candidates we are moving to the next round. No phone calls please.